Friday, January 13, 2012

Saturday Morning

Woke up slow. That's really the best way to wake up. I've always hated rushing in the morning. I also hate waking up to an alarm. Unfortunately, I rarely go to bed early enough to wake up without one. Or... I go to bed so late waking up "in the middle of the night" results in discovering I'm 4 minutes before the beginning of my day.
Today was good. I put on Modest Mouse and listened to some stuff I've not heard much. Then I played with my girlfriend. I love laughing. I started about a year ago. It's brilliant. It does wonders for my day.
I talked to a colleague yesterday and verified that my cover letter and resume weren't off the charts. I'm not so good at being objective with such things. My mind works in really odd ways. I think of things that most people don't and miss the most obvious of everyday life. At least that's not the reason that no one has responded to my resumes. Which leaves me at square one to figure out how 15 schools could have collectively decided that it wasn't worth an interview...
It's just a matter of pride now. I should be able to get a job easily where my girlfriend works. I just feel like it is the easy way out. It is really nice to be able to ask detailed questions about the situation and get real answers. It's not perfect, but I think I know most of the bad stuff going in. That makes a world of difference to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment