Friday, January 13, 2012

On the train


I’m on a train listening to Modest Mouse. Ever heard of them? They have been my favorite band for more than two years now. I would liken them to Coldplay, as I really liked them for a while in 2007ish, but MM has something above catchy music. It’s the beautiful harmony of both music and lyrics. I just watched that movie, btw.
So, it’s 9am and I’m on a train into Seoul for the first time all week. I feel better than I have for a very long time. If I had written again yesterday, as I started to do, you would have been informed, in a very sob-story sort of way, that I am currently unemployed. I have been for the past 10 months, but now I’m looking for a job and had gotten a bit scared at the prospects. Or maybe it was the competition.
There is no profession on earth that is untouched at the moment. Everyone is feeling the crunch. Last night, however, I made a decision. I’d had a opportunity knocking that I’d not really given much consideration. I considered it. I talked about it. I thought about it more. It was a good choice. A viable choice. I decided to go for it. Still waiting to hear if it’s a green light, but the chances are in my favor.
Does it bother anyone else when a woman walks past and you can smell her feminine hygiene products? I’ve always wondered why they make them with that distinctive scent. It seems like we could make something more discreet. Just a thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment