Thursday, January 19, 2012

Munchies

So, I can't get full lately. It is the result of two compound circumstances that cumulate in this chronic condition. One, I'spent the last two months in the US eating massive amounts of meat, cheese and sweet sugary delicacies which are not readily available in Korea. Two, upon returning to Korea, my food budget has been greatly reduced and I'm living on rather simple and more wholesome foods. In 2-3 more weeks, my system will adjust and I will be content eating potatoes and lettuce.
Until then, misery.
My only consolations are found in a cans of Spam and the remnants of a bottle of honey that I add to my tea. There are times when I'm overcome and I splurge on a Hershey's bar.
It's sad.
I know at the same time that I shouldn't complain about this not-so-sad predicament. There are millions who would just love to have my daily rations. I can't say that I'm really complaining. I am just feeling hungry.
It's kinda like last year when my gf and I did a cleanse for 6 days. Of course, there is a voice in my head telling me that there are millions who would love to have the lemons and honey that I consumed during those very long days.
So I guess it's not so bad.
I'm going to stop complaining now.

BUT I'M HUNGRY!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment