Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Music

Anyone who has heard a music suggestion from me in the past two+ years has heard the name Modest Mouse. The music is weird and funky. The lyrics are honest and don't rythme. Both join in a single, beautiful symbiotic dance that has held my attention since 2009.

Belle and Sebastian. British music. A little folksy, but honest. The kind of melancholy that doesn't leave you sad. Funny how Europeans have a knack for expressing the strongest of negative emotions and leaving you with the feel that you have survived much worse and you'll be OK this time as well.

The recommendation stands. I would suggest listening to a few songs before passing judgement. I've had them on my computer for years and Im just now discovering them. Maybe that is how it was supposed to be.
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment