Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Clueless

I've found in life that the yin and yang of things is generally true. So I guess I should expect a spike in the valium every now and then. Honestly, my life is pretty good. I have had a good long vacation. I have  good job lined up(for NEXT month :-). I have good plans for the future. I have a couple of friends that will always have my back. I usually have really good food to put in my stomach. I always sleep next to a beautiful woman. I'm in pretty good shape. I have a decent head on my shoulders.
Sometimes, though, Something tosses me for a complete loop. I should have expected it. I've been feeling really good this week. A two hour conversation with a good friend put a few things straight in my head. I was better than happy. In fact, yesterday, I was practically euphoric. Just on life. It was a good as I had always imagined.
Tonight, my lover is breathing steadily in the rest of slumber, and I'm writing in my blog. At 1am. Drinking beer and typing away. I must confess that there is a bot more delete-and-re-type going on than usual... :-) You're glad you can't see it.
I'm listening to Jack Johnson say that maybe the heart is no place to be singing from at all. Actually, that is what this is. The honest thoughts of a man who has survived what I hope is the worst of my life. It really is from the heart. That is the only reason I have my life. My friends. My lover. I shoot from the heart.
So being clueless for a moment isn't the end of the world. I know that when my pillow has a dent in it, everything will be ok. It's true.
Everything will be OK. 

No comments:

Post a Comment