Thursday, March 8, 2012

Japan, a brief impression

I've seen some of the crazy stuff that has come out of Japan, and I've been more than a little curious as to the source. I spent 33 hours in Fukuoka this week. This is what I discovered.
Sushi is defined as anything raw from the sea.
The subway is very expensive.
The Japanese are quite reserved in public.
They have a good sense of style.
There are bikes everywhere.
Bike seats are set at the lowest possible position. (??)
Public restrooms exists.
The Japanese love trees and the take VERY good care of them.
They can drink quite quickly.
Seem very willing to experiment with life.
The streets are filled with squarer, more European style cars.
There are older cars on the road.
 I encountered many who were very willing to attempt communication in spite of a complete lack of common language.
They have AWESOME toilets!!! The feed line to fill the tank is run through a small sink at the top so that you can wash your hands using the water for the next flush. Very cool!!
I'll be back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment